The 2014 Run River City Marathon is Peoria's premier running event featuring a full marathon, marathon relay, half marathon, 5k, and youth run.
- 26.2 - Run Peoria's only road marathon!
- Marathon Relay - Run with 4 of your friends! Please note: All relays must have 4 participants.
- Half Marathon - New for 2014! This replaces the 25k distance.
- 5k - Run the 5k to blaze a fast time on the streets of downtown.
- Youth Run - Kids run the last 1.2 miles of the marathon route!
RACE DAY TIMES
- The marathon, half marathon, and marathon relay will be run on Sunday, May 18th at 7:00am
- The 5k will be run on Sunday, May 18th at 7:30am.
- The youth 1.2 will be run on Sunday, May 18th. Start time is yet to be determined.
- All races start and finish downtown Peoria. The start is located by the Caterpillar World Headquarters and the finish line is on Water Street.
The 2014 Run River City Marathon has a required maximum net finish time of 6 hours.
Sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited. All entry fees are non-refundable, and may not be deferred toward a future event.
Relay team members register separately.
- All relays must have 4 participants. The approximate relay distances: Leg 1 - 6.1 miles, Leg 2 - 6.9 miles, Leg 3 - 5.8 miles, Leg 4 - 7.4
- Relay teams all finish together! Meet your last relay member and run approximately the last 3/10 of a mile as a TEAM!
If you are ready to register for the marathon, relay, half marathon, or 5k please click here.
Due to the increase of race entries, starting May 1, we are charging $20 plus the difference in race entries, to change your event.
RIVER CITY EXPO/PACKET PICK-UP
All participants will receive a gender specific short sleeve tech tee.
- Kids in the mini marathon will receive a short sleeve cotton tee
- Packet pickup will be on Saturday, May 17th
- Location: TBA
- Time: 10am - 7pm
- The expo will feature River City Marathon merchandise at the Running Central booth, as well as New Balance shoes, apparel, and accessories!
- THERE IS NO PACKET PICK UP ON RACE DAY!
- Peoria Civic Center: Entrance on Jefferson St.
- 8am - 2pm
- Participants will have the option to leave one bag of personal items at the Gateway Building near the start/finish of the race. *Location may change due to receding flood waters*
- Runners must be wearing their race number to drop off their bag, volunteers will be asking you to open your bag to view the contents, and runners must be wearing their race number to pick up their bag.
- Friends or family members will not be allowed access to the Bag Drop. Only participants will be permitted to drop off and pick up their bags.
- Runners will only be permitted to drop off and pick up one bag! Please make sure you pick up your bag and not someone else's.
- All participants will receive a gender specific short sleeve tech tee.
- Kids in the mini marathon will receive a short sleeve cotton tee.
- Awards for the marathon relay will be given to the top mens, womens, co-ed and masters mens, masters womens, and masters co-ed teams.
All participants will receive a finishers medal for the following events: marathon, half marathon, marathon relay, and 5k.
Awards based on chip time.